Bed shapers?

Kevin Ancell kancell at
Fri May 17 11:00:00 EDT 2002

I bought my Mechanical Transplanter (brand) bed shaper, mulch layer with drip tape attachment for about $1,700.00 including shipping. The pan is lined with plastic which lets it glide over the soil. I figured my time and effort plus raw materials would have come in just under the price I paid for what I got plus the day I got it I was using it in the field and didn't have to tinker with it one bit.

It makes a bed up to 8" high and 36" across down to 18" across and 4" high with setting in between.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Adam Hainer 
  To: Market Farming 
  Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 7:59 AM
  Subject: [market-farming] Bed shapers?

  Has anyone used one of these? How do they work for initially starting a permanent (non-contained) raised bed system?

  Has anyone built one of these from scratch, opposed to paying the ludicrous price?

  You are currently subscribed to as: kancell at
  To unsubscribe send a blank email to
  leave-market-farming at
  Get the list FAQ at: 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

More information about the Market-farming mailing list