Overseas Volunteer Opportunities

HackettShark at aol.com HackettShark at aol.com
Fri May 3 11:37:42 EDT 2002

In a message dated 5/3/02 6:07:09 AM Central Daylight Time, jdt at itol.com
writes:

> Small
> farmers here and small farmers overseas have a lot in common, and would do
> well to join in solidarity against the large agribusiness who seeks their
> demise.

I can remember when a small groug of agribusiness people went to Brazil to
help the small farmers down there grow soybeans, look at it today, millions
of acres of rain forest has been destroyed by large agri corporations to grow
more every year.  They Brazil, is the second largest exporter of soybeans in
the world market.  Some how I can't see where this has help a small farmer,
all it has done is close an export market for the US and start mega
Corporations for them.

Phil form Iowa