source for 5-gal buckets

Lucy Goodman goodows at infinet.com
Thu Mar 28 15:30:34 EST 2002

Jennie Lee wrote:

> Rick and Tracy -
>         The laundromats in my town sell the 5 gallon plastic buckets
> that carry their bulk detergent for $1 with lids. Maybe laundry
> detergent is a contaminant though? I don't know.  Also our local Ace
> Hardware store carries brand new ones for a similar price, with lids.
> Jennie Lee
> Oxford, MS

If you are using these buckets for any food items they must be food
grade plastic and detergent buckets are not (nor are paint, spackle etc.
buckets).

The best source I have found for buckets are restaurants, especially
sandwich shops that use a lot of pickles. We pick up several each week
from a  couple of restaurants near a farmer's market site. Buckets from
restaurants are all food grade and often put through the dishwasher so
they are clean.
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to  as: goodows at infinet.com
> leave-market-farming at franklin.oit.unc.edu

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH

Looking for a CSA, Farmer's market or other venue for fresh local food?
Check out
http://www.localharvest.com

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong
									Voltaire (1694-1778)