source for 5-gal buckets

Willie McKemie mckemie at austinfarm.org
Wed Mar 27 15:41:50 EST 2002

> Does anyone know of a less expensive source for 5-gallon buckets (new with

I have neighbor that works in a "dairy", a place that bottles milk.
One of their side products is that horrible flavored sugar water that
is sold in 1/2 and 1 gal milk-type jugs.  The base for those drinks
comes concentrated in 5 gallon buckets and the "dairy" generates quite
a few emptys; my neighbor brings me all I can use, maybe 50 at a time.
Short answer: check your local milk bottling places.

I have picked up empty pickle buckets from hamburger places, but that
was a lot of trouble for few buckets.

--
Willie  from one of the largest single-user all-Linux networks in Dale.
Linux system uptime  7 days  7 hours 13 minutes