dryer for bulk herbs

Nan Johnson nan at olemiss.edu
Tue Mar 26 13:47:04 EST 2002

Just in case anyone has seen or done this, I am looking to purchase some kind of machine to dry about a ton of green [freshly] harvested medicinal plant material (like catnip or wheat) (picture six pickup trucks packed with green material).  We have used a tobacco drying shed but this is not practical for the market farmer here with one or two acres of herbs.  Way too labor intensive.  The dryer would be part of a farmer cooperative for our state.

many thank you's
Nan
Dancing Goats Farm
N. Mississippi