Genetically Engineered corn

HackettShark at aol.com HackettShark at aol.com
Mon Mar 25 14:26:06 EST 2002

In a message dated 3/25/02 11:18:10 AM Central Standard Time,
sgilman at netheaven.com writes:

> Corn ear worms are a part time pest that in some years don’t even show
> up in fields, even in the Corn Belt

Well I don't know from what part of the country you are in but here in Iowa I
have never seen ayear thet the northern and european corn bore has not make a
very big impact in this particular area.  On a normal year we will have a lot
of southernly breeze's and the air is full of corn bore moths every nite all
summer till late in the season.  They are not part time pests, they get worse
as the summer go's on. Later season corn has a lot more problems with ear
worn than early season.

Phil from Iowa