corn

Franklin W. Davis parsons at cybertours.com
Sun Mar 24 20:43:04 EST 2002

    Hi Beth...I must confess that I'm not as yet a market-farmer...just a wanna be..:-) I follow this forum..and a few others to learn as much as I can. Presently I'm just a serious home gardener...that grows for family and a bunch of friends. I have been gardenin' for over 30 years...so I'm not unfamiliar with alot of practices that the small farmer uses...just havn't done it myself yet on a large scale. Actually there is one heck of a lot more to it then I thought...when you get beyond the home size of gardening.
    The area that I want to expand to has trees on it...so I've got my work cut out for me. Gonna clear off an acre and stump it with rented excavator for starters..:-) The just start small and if it works out within reason I'll expand on down the road. There are a number of farmers markets in this area. Franklin