Genetically Engineered Corn

Leigh lh at pressroom.com
Sun Mar 24 19:16:11 EST 2002

>     Hi Leig...but arn't the creepy crawlies that plague our crops
>also becoming more resistant to the various topical spray's that are
>presently being used by most farmers? Seems we are caught between a
>rock and a hard place on this one.

how can you read that little print.  I guess I'm getting old.

No resistance to bt.   And before I would trust the people working on
gmo's I would want 20 or 30 years of carefully, carefully monitored
research before I would allow it out into the real world.  But that's
not what we are going to get, we are going to get quick turn around
for quick profit.  And I don't want to hear from anyone saying 'the
government forces the chemical companies to fully test their
product.' If you do, I have some real estate to sell you. And anyone
who has ever read a seed catalogue or listened to a seed salesman
knows, these characters are worse than used car salesman.

  No matter what potential good, the potential bad is a lot worse.
This is something that there must be extreme caution with.  I think
its called the precautionary principle.