Genetically Engineered Corn

Mmneedham at aol.com Mmneedham at aol.com
Sat Mar 23 20:55:36 EST 2002

In a message dated 3/23/02 8:32:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
parsons at cybertours.com writes:

> Injecting ears of corn?...not a very easy thing to do if you have an acre or
> two..:-) How many do you think would have an allergic reaction from
> vegetable oil or mineral oil if that ever got out..:-)

Does sound labor-intensive, doesn't it?  ;-)  However, I did see a prototype
of the "gun" for this purpose at the Northeast Organic Farming Conference a
couple of years ago.

In the good old days, we didn't worry about such things.  We cut off the
affected bit of vegetable or fruit or ate around the worm.  When I was a kid,
one of the first things I learned was to look for holes in an apple I was
about to eat and plan my munching accordingly.

Marj