Genetically Engineered Corn

HackettShark at aol.com HackettShark at aol.com
Sat Mar 23 13:47:18 EST 2002

In a message dated 3/23/02 9:15:21 AM Central Standard Time, jdt at itol.com
writes:

> Campaign activists are also demanding that corporations and governments heed
> the concerns of consumers, North and South, and remove genetically
> engineered corn and other foods and crops from the market, unless they
> can be proven to be safe for human health and the environment. Recently
> hundreds of US consumers have reported allergic reactions to the FDA after
> eating Kraft and other brand name products likely containing genetically
> engineered corn.

Well I guess it is better to spray the sweet corn  seven to nine times with
insecticide to keep the ear worn out of it than to have the abilty to plant a
cor n that doesn't have to be sprayed.  Isn't it a little bit odd that you
organic growers can spray BT on crops but can't use BT corn.

Phil from Iowa