Electro Conductivity Meters (EC) was Re: Tomato Nutrients

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Sun Mar 17 11:14:51 EST 2002

I've heard of some growers using the conductivity (EC) meters to
analyze plant sap to determine nutrient needs and to determine
whether the plants need more (or less) water. I've been told that an
EC meter test on plant sap is really the only way to determine if
irrigation is needed (replacing the finger in the soil test at our
place).

Anyone have any experience with using EC meters in this fashion?

Thanks

Allan Balliett