Cleaning cells

Marcie Rosenzweig fullcircle at jps.net
Thu Mar 14 07:53:04 EST 2002

Hi George, Judy, et al,

A very soft brush and a tub of any eco-friendly dish soap will remove
most of the problems.  What works as a good sterilizer is plain ol'
sunlight.  I wash my trays and prop them up with a southern slant so
all the cels are exposed to the sun.  leave them for a couple of days
then turn them over and let the other surfaces bake a while.

NOte:  This is not appropriate for surfaces in contact with with the
final version of a food product ie tubs for washing salad mix etc.
You'll want to use a strong oxidizer to thoroughly clean those tools.
Chlorine bleach is common  but environmentally nasty.  Food-grade
Peroxide or an ozone generator made for food, or certain ultra-violet
light machies made for food will work for these.  Ask your local
organic certifier for a list of products.

Marcie
Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle
3377 Early Times Ln