Product Liability

Robert Farr rbfarr at
Mon Mar 11 08:52:13 EST 2002

I have a product liability policy from my home insurance agent for our
processed food products (hot sauces, salsas, mustards, bbqs).  These are
all acidified foods (for which we are certified by the USDA), and can't
grow the botulin toxin.  Liability is one thing; also make sure you get
any certifications required by the govt.  A good place to start is the
FDA's Center for Food Safety and Nutrition web site -

Robert Farr
(540) 668-7160
Check out
for Hot Sauces, Salsas, Mustards & More!

More information about the Market-farming mailing list