Ginseng

Marienne Kreitlow marienne at marienne.com
Mon Jun 24 00:50:36 EDT 2002

Chris Sawyer wrote"

>Cultivated ginseng fetches a much much lower price and it is prone to
disease. I would wild craft it on your place if I were you and not get
into cultivation

Thanks Chris,

Let me ask the dumb question:  By "wild craft", do you mean forage for exisiting plants?  There is a fellow who dabbles in that around here, but I have not as yet actually seen any ginseng on our property.  If you mean plant it out in the woods and leave it alone for seven years or so, that's what I have in mind (I just have to keep that forager out of my woods!)

Jerry Ford
Hei-Low Farm
Howard Lake, MN