dumb heat question

Nan Johnson nan at olemiss.edu
Tue Jun 11 16:06:37 EDT 2002

When humidity is 77% and higher (as in today), does the drinking warm fluids and wearing long sleeves, etc. practice still make sense?  Heat index (the opposite of wind chill factor) is routinely in 90's and 100's all summer, and humidity is so high that I wonder how much we can evaporate our internal heat.  The farmers I spoke with about the warm food & drink practice thought I was a dumb yankee......oh well, i am just procrastinating going back outside!!!

dancing goats farm
n. mississippi