corn

pam at twinoaks.org pam at twinoaks.org
Wed Jun 5 17:01:32 EDT 2002

Sandra
> Do you have to keep the different varieties separated?? I was warned
> that if I planted different varieties too close they would be bitter.
> I'm planting new Stokes gourmet sweets 275A and 270A.  Want to add
> Silver Queen and a late variety.  Is Kandy Korn from Johnny's? Sandra
> Deidloff Rancho El Shadday Oklahoma  -- zone 6b

No, not separated. I make sure not to buy any Supersweets or
shrunken gene varieties. I've forgotten all the different
classifications, but seed catalogues usually tell what not to plant
together. Our seed usually comes from Fedco Seeds in Maine, a
co-op with friendly service, high ecological awareness and great
prices on large size packets. Your "gourmet sweets" might well be
the kind not to plant with Silver Queen or Kandy Korn.
Pam