sunblock

Marc marc at aculink.net
Tue Jun 4 23:24:49 EDT 2002

I'm trying light-colored, long sleeved cotton shirts for the arms and
wide-brimed hats for the heads this year (both mine and the kids).
I really wonder about the chemicals in the sunscreens and, like you said,
they make you feel hotter.   I remember my grandfather going out on the
tractor in the afternoon heat (before they had the AC cabs) and he always
wore his long-sleeve blue chambray shirt under the overalls.  I wonder if
the light blue helps feel cooler?  He claimed it was cooler than bare arms.

Marcy Nameth