How Many Cherry Tomato Plants?

Ken Bezilla kenbez at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 1 22:42:20 EDT 2002

How many plants will probably depend on your tomato strategy...

Easiest strategy = give shareholders a cherry tomato seedling to plant at
their own house.

Next easiest = have the shareholders u-pick the cherries at your farm.

Hardest = the farmers harvest the cherries for the shareholders.

If you're harvesting for them, plant fewer.  If it's u-pick, you can plant
more...

I'll leave it to someone else to advise re: actual amounts, my CSA farming
experience was in Oregon, where tomato production is smaller than in warmer
climates like Virginia!

Ken Bezilla
East Wind Community
southern Missouri