squash bugs

sunnfarm at netscape.net sunnfarm at netscape.net
Tue Jul 30 22:37:07 EDT 2002

I don't mean to rub it in but around here we never have problems with squash bugs, at least not for the last 15 seasons. Even my next door neighbor who before he retired planted 1000 acres of zuchini every year without spraying for squash bugs. Thats not to say we dont have them in the county but the only conclusion I could come up with is that the plants must be getting exactly what they need from the soil environment to prevent bugs. good nutrition must be the key...Although I can't say the same for cucumber beetles...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.