Wasps!

Robert Farr rbfarr at erols.com
Tue Jul 30 14:26:41 EDT 2002

I need some help - my place is being overrun with the cicada killer
wasps - aighhhhhh!  They've prevented me from working in four (and
growing) rows, just buzzing all around and digging in the soil.

I assume they are burying their young right now - yes?

We've had them here all along, but there have never been this many.  And
with all of them this year, there will be even more next year, assuming
a mild winter.

So - help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How can I get rid of these (organically, of
course), and when?  And what do I do about the pupae.

Thanks much -

--
Robert Farr
(540) 668-7160

*  An organic farm producing hot sauce marinades, salsas,
    mustards, and barbecue.
*  Subscribe to our online newsletter at http://www.thechileman.com

*  Check out this article about us from The Washington Post:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/style/food/A8659-2001Jul17.html

*  Open Houses and Farm Tours throughout the year.  See web site for
details!