Lettuce varieties

pam at twinoaks.org pam at twinoaks.org
Mon Jul 29 16:04:42 EDT 2002

Allan asks:
> I'm curious: what varities of lettuce are people seeding right now?
Here in central Virginia, zone 6b, i'm sowing mostly
Batavians such as Cardinale, Sierra, Nevada, Pablo,
Magenta, Batavia Blonde, Kagraner Sommer. Also a
few iceberg: Summertime, Sun Devil. Anuenue is an
OK but small iceberg. De Morges Braun (lovely pink
and green soft-leaved lettuce). Loma (small lettuce
with green indented leaves). Also some Romaine:
Kalura, (a big head from Johnny's), Apollo. I buy
seeds from Fedco (yes, they're closed till the winter),
Johnny's and Southern Exposure.
Pam Dawling, Twin Oaks, Louisa, VA