sunflowers

pam at twinoaks.org pam at twinoaks.org
Sun Jul 28 16:24:52 EDT 2002

Dave

> Helloo everybody.....Does anyone have a trick for keeping birds off of
> sunflowers. I'm gonna try and get some seeds this year if I can keep
> those hungry mouths off of em. Thanks Dave zone 6
If you just want a few heads to provide enough seed to plant next
year, the easiest way I've found is to tie a bandana over the head.
Just knot the corners together. If you hope to save seed to eat, it's
more work: Cut the heads off when nearly ripe and ripen in mouse-
proof mesh boxes.
Pam Dawling, Twin Oaks Community, Louisa, VA