Garlic powder

lfl at intrex.net lfl at intrex.net
Fri Jul 26 18:08:57 EDT 2002

gutierrez-lagatta wrote:
> I suspect that in some states garlic powder requires a food processors license?

>>>Okay, how do you make garlic powder?  This might be a value added
>>for the restaurants....

I have read that whole raw garlic cloves stored in oil need to be packed
very carefully to avoid the growth of botulism, though this is rare. I
think this has to do with the elimination of air pockets.

A great resource for info on food processing and/or preserving is
rec.food.preserving. There is an enormous and very thorough FAQ for this
newsgroup posted regularly to the ng and to the MIT faq repositoory.