storing corn

sunnfarm at netscape.net sunnfarm at netscape.net
Tue Jul 23 11:50:39 EDT 2002

Don't even think about storing corn unless you want to ruin your business. People who support a csa expect farm fresh picked produce, if they want day old corn they can go to the supermarket. I pick corn daily and donot sell corn more than 12 hours old, I try to pick every 6 hours. Sorry about your insect problems its very hard to grow corn without spraying, I have been using least toxic sprays for years and they work well.
If you must store corn, it will keep for two weeks in cold storage if you keep it soaked with water twice a day, but only cows will eat it...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.