Organic Certification questions

Willie McKemie mckemie at austinfarm.org
Thu Jul 18 07:30:21 EDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 11:46:57PM -0500, RDH wrote:
> Another way to help identify yourself is to subscribe to the American
> Homestead Foods Family Farm Project.  It is there to help family farmers
> regain their identity to the consumers.
>
> http://www.homesteadfoods.com

That SEEMS like a good idea.  It also seems unlikely to reach critical
mass and become known to consumers since there are few entries in the
data base and the $30 fee is likely to keep the data base small.

I would suggest that they keep the fee small or zero until they do
reach critical mass.  Since the cost of putting up such a website is
only about $100/year, the fee is grossly high unless they plan to spend
some money on verification and it seems that they do not.  Or maybe I
did not read closely enough?

--
Willie