Garlic and Onions

David Inglis mhcsa at bcn.net
Thu Jul 18 07:59:50 EDT 2002

Have you had any greater problem with onions bolting to seed thinking they
already had been through one season?
You are seeding into greenhouse beds and bare root transplanting, right?
How do you harden them off? We used to raise our leeks in cold frames that
way and could lift off the 'lights' to harden them off. Then I burned a
couple of crops through not venting in time and gave that up.
David Inglis
Mahaiwe Harvest C.S.A.