garlic question

RBCLO at aol.com RBCLO at aol.com
Mon Jul 15 21:44:56 EDT 2002

Does anyone use plastic mulch for garlic?  I have used straw in the past,
pulling it off in March and then cultivating several times.  I thought about
planting on 6 inch to 8 inch squares on a 24 inch wide raised bed covered
with black plastic.  Will I have a problem with heaving?  Last November it
was very dry when we planted and that was the only time I have ever irrigated
garlic.  Is there a problem with  water (t-tape) under the plastic with
garlic?   Thanks for your advice and experiences.

Ben in Maryland