What are you planting now?

Willie McKemie mckemie at austinfarm.org
Mon Jul 15 08:18:39 EDT 2002

>             What are some of the things you're planting this time of
> year?

Central Texas: not much.  Southern peas.  Could be planting cantaloupe
and watermelon.  It is about time for gamblers to start planting Fall
tomatoes; our temperatures allow us to set tomatoes perhaps sometime in
September and they get frozen in late October or early November.  If we
don't get a freeze until late November or December, then we might make
some.

Soon, late August and September, it will be time to try Spring crops
again: squash, green beans, greens, etc.  For those that still have
some energy left.  Okra continues.

--
Willie