Food processing

Robert Farr rbfarr at erols.com
Mon Jul 15 06:42:37 EDT 2002

Jams and jellies are usually an item not regulated by the Feds (FDA).
Anything with a low water content (jams, jellies, honey, etc.) are
thought not to pose much of a health hazard.

BTW, we now offer co-packing services - we can make products for other
people; we have a commerical kitchen which we built on the farm - and
we're in Virginia.

Adriana - please contact me off-list to discuss.

Also - check out this site:  www.cfsan.fda.gov.  That will give you a
start on the regs.  Your local health dept. should not have to be
involved here...

--
Robert Farr
(540) 668-7160

*  An organic farm producing hot sauce marinades, salsas,
    mustards, and barbecue.
*  Subscribe to our online newsletter at http://www.thechileman.com

*  Check out this article about us from The Washington Post:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/style/food/A8659-2001Jul17.html

*  Open Houses and Farm Tours throughout the year.  See web site for
details!