Early sweet corn varieties

pam at twinoaks.org pam at twinoaks.org
Sat Jul 13 19:05:13 EDT 2002

I'd like to find a better sweet corn variety for our first planting
before I order seeds for next year. We grew Spring Treat, but
although it germinated well, and survived a very late frost, it didn't
yield well - raggedy little plants, lots of Corn Ear Worm. Maybe the
variety isn't suited to central Virginia..... The later plantings (Kandy
Plus, Kandy Korn and Silver Queen) look fine.
	Can anyone recommend a good one? I don't want a
Supersweet, but I'm OK with a hybrid.
	Thanks
Pam Dawling
Twin Oaks Community
138 Twin Oaks Road, Louisa, Virginia 23093