Cinnamon basil

Alliums garlicgrower at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 11 21:17:45 EDT 2002

Lucy wrote:

>I am growing Cinnamon basil this year and I have no idea what to do with
>it.

Heh.  I grew cinnamon basil last year and it has reseeded all over the
place *this* year! Seeds of Change says that it is a "tea basil" -- I made
straight tea with it last year and found it quite refreshing on hot
days.  This year, I found a recipe for equal parts spearmint and cinnamon
basil, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

SOC also says that it is used in Mexican cooking.  I haven't a clue where,
but I supposed one could try it.

Whoever said they had cinnamon basil recipes should post them to the list
-- I think we can all use them!

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of