Surround wp

wiediger wiediger at msn.com
Sun Jul 7 14:31:12 EDT 2002

Well folks, just used Surround wp (kaolin clay crop protectant) for the
first time.  I must admit, it feels a little strange to be white washing
plants.  We are trialing it as a control for squash bugs.  We know it is
good for cucumber beetles on cucurbits, so it stands to reason it might also
work for one of our remaining insect problems - the squash bug.  The plants
really look strange - probably most of our neighbors will think we have
finally gotten sane and given up that "organic" stuff.  They look a lot like
most folks' potatoes when they dust with Sevin.  We'll let you know how the
trial goes.  I don't think we'll have much trouble with it washing off -
looks like the rain has quit for the duration.

Anyone else using Surround for veggies of any sort ?  If so, we'd love to
hear experiences.

Paul and Alison Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
http://aunaturelfarm.homestead.com