Cut Flower Discussion list?

A Balliett igg at igg.com
Sat Jul 6 15:58:22 EDT 2002

>Allan, please discuss here!!  I hope to at least be doing cut flowers next
>year & am starting from scratch, so I'd be interested in this thread also!!
>
>Liz Pike

Thanks for the 'license,' Liz!

One thing that I'm very confused about is WATERING flowers that are
in bloom. I deeply watered glads and zinnias that are blooming last
night only to find this morning that the glads in particular had some
blooms go 'soft.' I've seen this after rain, also.

What's the story on watering blooming flowers?

(And, for that matter, will glads produce, as a rule, only one flower spike?)

Thanks

-Allan