Deer fence

sora sora at coldreams.com
Mon Apr 22 14:56:43 EDT 2002

I've fought the deer for years with every repellent known to man.  This
year I give up, I have too many subscribers to my CSA to let the deer
eat 60-90% of the crop.  I have an old farmer friend who knows a fencing
method that I think people call a buck rail fence.  No posts are buried
in the ground, there are cross-member posts with rails at a slant.  He
says the deer can't high jump and long jump at the same time.
My question is----he says I'll need to treat the posts with
preservative.  I'm certified organic, what can I use that won't threaten
my certification (or our lives)?