"Remote" Farming Question

Mitch J. Belanger mbelanger at gsu.edu
Tue Apr 16 12:27:56 EDT 2002

Hello all,

I have a question to ask the group.  I have access to ten acres of farmland (my family owns the property)that has layed fallow for >20 years.  The problem is that the land is in WI and I'm in GA (1000 mi away!).

I would like to explore ways of using this land productively (and sustainably) but given the distances involved this would obviously be a problem.

Any ideas or suggestions that any of you may want to offer on how I could possibly farm this acreage "remotely" (if it is even possible) are appreciated.  Thank you.

Mitch