flea beetles

Wiediger, Alison awiediger at HART.k12.ky.us
Tue Apr 16 08:40:39 EDT 2002

At a session at SSAWG this year, Dr. Richard McDonald talked about using
beneficial nematodes - especially for salad greens (mesclun, etc) that
cannot be grown otherwise.  He specified the Hb strain, which are "cruisers"
(go looking for prey) as opposed to "ambushers"(which lie in wait). I
believe they applied them using the irrigation system.  Here's his website:
http://www.drmcbug.com/  From what he said, they have decreased in price
enough to be a very economical way to control flea beetles.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm