Peppers

sunnfarm at netscape.net sunnfarm at netscape.net
Sat Apr 13 10:43:00 EDT 2002

When you remove the first flowers you are actually removing the crown set of fruit, this first set can draw all the energy from the plant but the crown set also makes some of the largest earliest fruit, they can yield  more than 300 bushels per acre on the first picking, this picking  usually brings $6000 an acre or more at my local auction block, pepper growers usually pick the crown set then inject 30 pounds of nitrogen per acre throw drip to get the plant back on course...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.