Lights

Jill Taylor Bussiere jdt at itol.com
Sat Apr 13 07:49:40 EDT 2002

A friend who moved gave me his small lighting system for starting plants.  I
have never used lights, and feel ambiguous about using them, but would like
to experiment a bit.  I want to use them on some tomato and pepper
seedlings.  I have south facing windows, but thought I would use the lights
to supplement the shorter day of light from the sun.

Could anyone with experience give me some advice about:

How long do I leave the plants under the lights, given that they are in a
south facing window with foil reflectors behind during the daylight hours?
Do they need to "sleep"?

Any other advice you could give me?

               Jill