clover

Jill Taylor Bussiere jdt at itol.com
Thu Apr 11 11:49:40 EDT 2002

Beth,
    I am sure that the clover seed will last through the spring frosts - as
it can propagate itself by seed.  I have also heard of the method of
spreading seed on ground, and the freezing and thawing creates cracks for
the seeds to lodge in.  So I am sure you could plant your seed anytime.  The
only issue around where I live would be windiness - wouldn't want to lose
the seed by broadcasting it on a dry windy day, or having a dry windy day
soon after to blow away the seed.

    If your area is small enough, a light raking would help the seed stick,
I would think.

                                                Jill