Peppers & Eggplant

sunnfarm at netscape.net sunnfarm at netscape.net
Thu Apr 11 09:41:14 EDT 2002

Most farmers who grow peppers on raised mulched beds do stake in my area, yields can excees 2000 bushels an acre, plants need support, even on bare ground where rotting is more common, use 3' pepper stakes they are the same as tomato except cut in half, most popular pepper this season is Colossal it has replaced King Arthur as the biggest fruited type, Colossal seed had been hogged up by a few farms till now and its finally avaliable for everyone.
Most eggplant is grown without staking, most folks around here grow Florida Hibush that gets 5' tall with a 2-3"thick  stalks that is quite strong.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.