Profitability

Mmneedham at aol.com Mmneedham at aol.com
Tue Apr 9 09:49:53 EDT 2002

tools at amaonline.com writes:

> Dairy farms have another valuable asset, Poop! Compost it. The Community
> gardens in Austin, TX Get $25.00 a yard for it.

And in New England, Great Brook Farm in Carlisle gets $30 a yard for bulk cow
manure with free delivery for 5 yards or more.  They also sell it in bags for
$3.50 a bag--composted and aged for more than a year.  They sell loam, too,
although I'm not sure how they do that without digging a big hole on their
property.  It says it's well-fertilized, so I guess they mix some manure in
with it.  It sells for $19 a yard with free delivery for 7 yards or more.

Marj