Post deregulation of the Dairy industry in Australia

Patrick Stine patricks at ccrtc.com
Sat Apr 6 07:52:10 EST 2002

> So, can someone please explain to me why all these farmers
> keep producing more milk instead of turning some of those
> dairy cows into steaks and watching their revenues rise?
> (snip)
 > Someone please enlighten me.
>
> Jay Gee
> not a farmer -- but interested in farming

Jay,
you have to realize that most of the farmers have listened to the Gummit and
Colleges tell them to "get big or get out" for so long that it has almost
become a mantra for them (same for the grain farmers).
The few around here that are fighting the red tape and starting value added
lines with their milk are almost shunned by their neighbors as kooks or new
age hippies.

Patrick