quince

Alex McGregor waldenfarm at sprintmail.com
Sun Sep 30 00:26:15 EDT 2001

Tom,

I've been around quince trees all my life- the original and offspring of
a tree given to my great grandmother.  I have 5 on my farm.

I've never sold any, there's no market here.  All we've ever done is
make quince jelly.  They're prized by Persians (now Iran) who bake
them.  So, if there's a population where you are, you could probably get
a good price.  Check with a local Bahai community.

Pick them when they're yellow and aromatic.  Also, they should be easy
to pull free.

Alex McGregor
Walden Farm