"Martin's Wonder" Lima Beans

Ted Patterson patters at erols.com
Fri Sep 28 09:06:17 EDT 2001

Rohrer Seeds
P.O. Box 250
Smoketown, PA 17576
717-299-2571

Marlin, I wonder if those limas are actually Dr. Martin's, a favorite pole
lima here in SE Pennsylvania (and listed in the Rohrer's catalog).
Folks offering the Dr. Martin's in the Seed Savers Exchange say the bean
needs a long, hot season.
Rohrers catalog includes heirloom varieties obtained in cooperation with
the Landis Valley farm museum association, just north of Lancaster.
Let us know the results of your seed detective work.
-Ted