Alaska, I lived there

Mmneedham at aol.com Mmneedham at aol.com
Mon Sep 24 07:06:24 EDT 2001

In a message dated 09/24/2001 6:54:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time, css at ioa.com
writes:

> I was told there is enough oil under Petroleum reserve number four (navy

In the grand scheme of things, 100 years is but a millisecond.  There are not
endless oil reserves, and it's unfortunate that our focus remains on using
every last drop we can find instead of on using less energy and finding
alternative energy sources.

The ANWR is the least touched, most pristine stretch of uninterrupted
wilderness we have, and that should not be disturbed for any reason.  What it
takes nature thousands of years to create, humans can destroy in a few years,
largely because they fail to realize they are not masters of nature; they are
an integral part of it.

Marj