The terror in (horror) context

jay gee jgj23 at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 23 09:17:16 EDT 2001

Hugh,

 I guess I don't consider the term "peacenik" to be a term of
 derision.  After all, I was one of those peaceniks in the late
 60's and 70's and we prevailed.

 I guess I consider the term one of distinction.

 You are correct, neither side should engage in name calling.

 Virtually all comments posted to this forum are opinions.

 As for learning from the past, all of my comments are based
 on learning from the past.  The past includes not just our
 mistakes, but those of others, and the past predates this
 century too.

 To learn from history one must abandon personal POV
 so the lessons time teaches may be observed and
 absorbed.  If you study history for the express purpose
 of reinforcing your present beliefs, you will learn nothing
 and be misled by much of what you read.

 Jay

PS  I did not save your original message.  My lack of a reply
to other parts of your message was tainted by your opening
toss of the gauntlet, which I quoted.  There seemed no point
attempting to reason with you because of the emotional
opening salvo.