URGENT! ANWR drilling tied to Defense Authorization Bill

Leigh lh at pressroom.com
Sun Sep 23 11:10:42 EDT 2001

have you ever worked on an oil rig or pipe line?  I have.  And even
with all of the environmental controls in the world, the accidents
and spills and damage is enough not to start drilling in ANWR.  And
anyway, isn't all of the current Alaskan oil currently going to
Japan?  With all of the subsidizes that the oil industry gets (tax
breaks, development tax write offs, research write off, investment
grants) oil should be free at the pump  Remember, the oil industry
basically does not pay taxes.  Why don't we just shift that tax payer
money away from W's buddies and into a localized wind industry.  From
my stays in West Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska and the Dakotas
there is enough wind to power the entire country.  Opening up ANWR to
this crooked industry is just another example of government/big
business graft.