Pepper eating deer!!

MMQuiteCon at aol.com MMQuiteCon at aol.com
Sat Sep 22 21:05:28 EDT 2001

Hi,
       I am amazed at what variety they ate this year.  I grew 21 different
types.  Hot in one area and mild sweet in another, just for clarification.
The dear deer decided to eat the Nippon Taka Thai.  Skipped the others.  Ate
the top of the plants and the peppers off the plant.  Another amazing fact of
their selection is that I planted an extra plant of this variety in a
different part of the garden and they found it there!
       The plants were planted behind a tightly woven wire fence to prevent
the rabbits from snipping.  Deer tracks were next to the fence.  The deer did
this last year to my Brandywine tomatoes.
       Neighbor said they were migrant deer.
That's all the damage this year from deer.
good harvest of peppers though
Mary Mary