Bomb them with butter, bribe them with hope.

marc at aculink.net marc at aculink.net
Thu Sep 20 23:26:49 EDT 2001

It's a cheap shot to pick something out of context to win an
argument.

Why did you not quote my:

"If we bonk some Afghani villager in the head with a laptop
on a parachute full of OUR VALUES it's going to do the
trick?
It seems he's never met a terrorist cause he calls those
folks "Holy Warriors" or Mujadeen. It is a title of great
respect
and they are heroes over there and have been for well over a
millennium. The Americans and the Israelis and the Russians
are terrorists in his culture. He's seen a few of THOSE evil
creatures."

Why did you not quote my:

"Maybe the "Carpet the country with magazines and newspapers
showing the horror of terrorism committed by their "guest"
will work. Anyone see the Arabs dancing in the streets last
week? I did. All over the Middle East. Hmmm..  Reckon they
DO know about it. It's not the reaction Tim expected though.
More culture clash."

Why did you not quote my:

"The failure isn't that the folks over there are not
grateful
- they are. They simply are not for sale to turn against
their way of life, their leaders, their Allah, over a
thousand years of tradition and culture over a few CD's,
foreign ideas and some butter. Remember, those who lived
among us and exposed everyday were not impressed."

It seems I did FULLY understand Tim's thesis concerning the
common folks!

Out of context cheap shots are gross and I am offended you'd
play this game with my post.

Marc Nameth

In a message dated 09/20/2001 9:17:50 PM Eastern Daylight