growing leeks

Jennie Lee tulipcreek at dixie-net.com
Tue Sep 11 23:20:41 EDT 2001

Dear list - I was writing to inquire if anyone had tips for
encouraging leek germination. I am trying to start my first leeks
from seed and have had very low germination rates. I am sowing a
variety called Tadorna in a 120 cell tray with my usual soiless
potting mix. I'm wondering if its a bit too heavy perhaps? I would
greatly appreciate any tips as I love leeks and want to grow a lot of
them:)
	Also - can anyone suggest any resources out there that would
help me learn to make ristras? Thanks. Jennie Lee